JaneEllen McLaughlin Saums
- Licensed Realtor in Virginia, Maryland & Washington D.C.
- Member, Northern Virginia Association of Realtor’s
Multi-Million Dollar Sales Club
- National Association of Realtor’s GREEN Designation
- LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Accredited
- Member, National Association of Realtors
- Member, Virginia Association of Realtors
- Member, Northern Virginia Association of Realtors
Having relocated many times over the years (with a family and two cats!), I’m extremely sensitive to the joys and challenges of a life-changing move. A Jackson, Michigan native, I first settled in Northern Virginia in 1986. As a Foreign Service spouse, I also lived in Oman, the Netherlands, Tunisia, Saudi Arabia and Egypt. My residency in apartments, condos, townhomes and single-family homes has given me first-hand insight on the quality of life every property type provides.
In 2000, I moved back to Northern Virginia permanently. I have developed an intimate knowledge of its diverse communities, and thanks to my teaching background I always educate my clients on the area’s market and housing options.
I am a member of many local and national conservancy organizations. I love the county, regional and national parks that are in our area, and believe they are some of Northern Virginia’s greatest assets.
I received my B.A. from Ohio Wesleyan University in Zoology and my M.A. in Journalism from The Ohio State University. I taught science for Fairfax County Public Schools for eleven years working with at-risk students. My two children grew up attending the County’s public schools, so I also have a parent’s perspective.
I am active in my church, located in Vienna, Virginia, and love hiking and kayaking. I also enjoy gardening, so much so that I have turned my small front lawn into a certified wildlife habitat!
- Washington D.C.
- Green - Sustainability Real Estate
- LEED - Green Associate
- VDHA - Virginia Housing Development Authority